Religious Education at St Margaret's Church of England School
Our aim is for Christian principals and ethos to be at the heart of every aspect of the school life. Through a wide exploration of religious beliefs and practices we hope children will gain deepening insight into other religions as well as their own.
We aim for our Religious Education curriculum to:
- to develop awareness of the spiritual and moral dimensions of life experience.
- to develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religious traditions represented in Great Britain.
- to learn about Christianity as the basis for our scheme of work
- to have knowledge of a range of Christian stories from the bible
- to develop understanding of what it might mean to be committed to a religious tradition.
- to reflect on their own experiences, beliefs and values.
- to have confidence in their own viewpoint whilst engaging in open and honest enquiry
- to respect the rights of others to hold beliefs different to their own
- view religion as a joyous experience to be celebrated with music, movement and drama – a living activity in a cross curricular context
- to become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- to become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- to aspire to be responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
We celebrate a variety of religious events across the school including Christmas, Easter, Diwali and Jesus Christ day.